Broadband Connect Satellite
Connectivity in areas with limited or no Internet coverage.
- Business Internet connectivity anywhere in South Africa – from R513 per month
- An alternative to ADSL and 3G in areas with limited coverage
- Up to four optional BBC Sat VoIP connections are offered at an additional monthly charge
What is Broadband Connect Satellite?
Broadband Connect Satellite is an Internet service completely independent from any landline solution and can be provisioned anywhere in South Africa. With BBC Satellite, you don’t have to worry about landline outages and copper theft, plus this service is installed and maintained by trained and accredited Vodacom Business Services installation teams, from Point of Presence, across the country.
Broadband Connect Satellite includes:
A capped Broadband Internet Access bundle
- An indoor unit Satellite
- 98cm dish antenna and a 2 watt BUC (Block Uplink Converter)
- A user-friendly customer online site that features
o Monthly bundle usage
o Top Up data bundle purchase
Why should I get Broadband Connect Satellite
Get Internet in areas with no or limited coverage
We use the latest technology to optimise the satellite link and to bring you cost efficiencies especially in unserved and underserved areas.
Always-on Internet with constant speed
Satellite access is not dependent on terrain, quality of copper landlines or distance from the exchange or radio frequency equipment. It always provides the same speed and service quality.
Hassle-free and quick deployment
You don’t have to wait for line installation or for clearances and local infrastructure to become available. All you need is hardware and a clear view to the North/Eastern sky.
Grow your entry-level package as needed
If the entry-level service is bought with a 1GB Internet bundle, you can easily add more data – at an affordable price – as your needs grow.
Monitor and manage usage on your own
A self-service website is available so that you can go online to monitor usage and top up with more data.
Get optional VoIP services
Up to 4 Optional VoIP connections which does not eat into the monthly allocated data cap are available. You can make FREE on-net voice calls to others on the same network, and can save up to 30% on you voice bill. Please note that voice calls are charged monthly in arrears as per the prevailing low Vodacom VoIP rate card and the VoIP connection is charged monthly at R169.00 each. .
How much does Broadband Connect Satellite cost?
- Installation price is based on standard installation
- Extra charges are levied for cabling over 40m and non-standard mounts, amongst others
- Data usage is subject to the monthly data bundle purchased (with optional top-ups) and our daily Fair Access Policy
To get optional Broadband Connect Satellite VoIP
- Order the Satellite VoIP feature
- Order the IP Talk service to receive your VoIP phone number/s
- Get these optional telephone devices with your voice service:
o ATA (Analog Telephone Adapter) device to connect one or more standard analogue telephones to a digital system
o An IP Phone for a single connection
o If you need more extentions, an onsite IP PBX (Providing up to 4 concurrent calls), especially designed to bring enterprise-grade features to small- and medium-sized businesses